8.06.2015

It's Funny How Things Work Out.















You know those moments in life when you feel completely full to the brim? Not full like you've just eaten a large meal, but full like you're overcome with amazement, love, peace, gratitude, and hope. You know those kind of moments? Well this summer has been overflowing with them.

Sometimes feelings are too complex to adequately describe with just words. Those kind of feelings come to me when I stand on the tippy top of a mountain and watch the sun wake up over the valley of this beautiful place I call home. They happen when I email back and forth with a best friend of 11 years who is serving the Lord in Brazil. They hit me when I laugh, talk, eat, and explore with my family every Sunday. I feel them when I stand where the end of my sandals kiss the shoreline of a pond filled with memories. And I feel them when I stand in the crowd, singing along at the top of my lungs to my favorite Provo-born indie rock band as little gold pieces of paper fall from the sky.

It's moments like these that give me that "everything is going to be okay" feeling. They remind me there's more to life than getting good grades, making money, and being successful. Although those things are important, other things should come first. Life is about being kind, taking risks, living in the moment, being adventurous and spontaneous, falling in love, and appreciating the gifts that God has given us. Life is about becoming the best version of yourself that you can be. It's about FAMILY -- immediate family and the generations that follow you. Life is about doing what makes you happy -- really, truly happy.

For me, the greatest happiness comes when I am living the gospel and keeping a close relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I find when I do that, things always work out.  Even when I feel like I'm drowning in my worries and responsibilities, I can trust that things will work out.

I can trust in Him.

Yours Truly,

Jillian.

No comments: