2.28.2015

Guilt-Free Brownies.


The fact that I have a major sweet tooth is no secret. I crave baked goods, in particular. You know--cookies, donuts, muffins, brownies. As of late I have been trying to cut back my sugar intake (because in all reality, quitting cold turkey has never been in the cards for me) which has resulted in a new obsession with healthier alternatives.

Thanks to Pinterest, I found this recipe for delicious dark chocolate brownies that come out to about 40 calories a piece. That's right, 40. They are also sugar-free, gluten-free, and low-fat. And I am telling you, they are so good. This is not one of those healthy recipes that sounds yummy but ends up tasting like grass. These brownies are for real, really, truly delicious. So how about I stop blabbing and get on to the recipe? Ok.

What you'll need:

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup cocoa
3/4 cup Stevia
1 1/2 cups vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
2 eggs

*The main reason I really wanted to try this recipe was because I was familiar with all the ingredients. There weren't any weird health foods that I had never heard of before. I liked that.

Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Blend oats in a food processor until flour-like. Add all the ingredients in a bowl, mix, and pour into a greased 13x9 baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.

It's that easy, friends. I finished mine off with a PB2 spread and some fresh fruit.Yum.



Yours Truly,

Jillian

No comments: